Fiction, fortunetelling, fibs... whatever works.

Monday, February 23, 2004

The Fool

Peer pressure never made me drink too much or have sex before I was ready. My peers were mellow, safety-minded outsiders who couldn't see the point in taking uncomfortable risks. So I suppose it makes sense that one of the few things peer pressure could make me do is start a blog. It's a cautious, self-indulgent leap that has apparently resulted in fabulous book deals for sex workers and video-store clerks around the world. Apparently, all it takes is a fascinating life and the willingness to document it in flawless prose.

Let's take an inventory of what I have to work with:

An elderly cat with very few bad habits.
A well-adjusted, loving husband.
A close relationship with my parents.

Obviously, I will have to make stuff up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home